He is an ill man.(错)
The man is ill.(对)
She is an afraid girl.(错)
The girl is afraid.(对)
Tom is a twoyearold boy.
常见的修饰词有much，a lot，a great deal，far，even，a bit, a little, any(否定句、疑问句中)，具体的数据等。
He is much taller than Yao Ming.
The population of China is by far the largest in the world.
Africa is the second largest continent.
(1)no better than表示“和……一样；实际等于……”。例如：
The patient is no better than he was yesterday.
A whale is no more a fish than a horse is.
(3)no less... than表示“和……一样；不逊于”。例如：
The technique of writing is no less difficult than that of the other arts.
Your story is perfect；I've never heard a better one before。
比较级＋than＋all the other＋复数名词
比较级＋than＋any of the other＋复数名词
比较级＋than＋the rest of＋复数名词或不可数名词
①Julia is taller than any other girl in her class.
②Julia is taller than all the other girls in her class.
③Julia is taller than any of the other girls in her class.
④Julia is taller than the rest of girls in her class.
⑤Julia is the tallest girl in her class.
4．the＋名词(size，length，height等)＋of A is＋倍数＋that＋of＋B
①The Yangtze River is twice longer than the Pearl River.
②The Yangtze River is three times as long as the Pearl River.
③The Yangtze River is three times the length of the Pearl River.
④The length of the Yangtze River is three times that of the Pearl River.
Someone strange is asking to see you.
Something unexpected happened and we had to make some changes to our plan.
No one else can answer the question.
an expensive Japanese sports car, those three beautiful large square old brown wood table.
1. In some (crowd） cities, the car has polluted the air so badly that people get sick just from breathing it.
2. E-hongbao is （actual) a kind of lucky money from and to relatives and friends during festivals or on special occasions.
3. The (hard) you try to beat him, the more likely you will get hit.
4. Technology is getting better and (cheap).
5.During the end of the 19th century and the beginning of 20th century,Beijing Opera finally formed and became the (big) of all operas in China.
6. Road safety has aroused (wide) attention of the public than before.
（1）看到修饰语much， still， even，far，a lot， a little，a great deal，（by）far，a bit等以及百分数，要想到比较级；
（2）看到修饰语 by far， nearly， almost， by no means，not really以及序数词等，要想到最高级。
7.In fact, people are much (close) to dogs in a way than to cows, pigs or even horses.
8. Please don't misunderstand me. But don't you think we should take things a bit (easy), darling?
9. Of the two lectures, the first was by far the （good)partly because the speaker had an extraordinary style.
10. It might have made it a little (hard) for everybody because it meant they had to turn around, but that didn't stop the kids in the class.
1. Since his family was rich than mine, he had more toys than I did.
2. And if you decide to take Dr. Klein's advice, you can make yourself even happy by recommending the technique to others.
3. I even have a large vocabulary than before.
4.But he stays outside the list of the world's 10 rich people.
5. The more I learn English, the easy it becomes.
6. To make matters bad, now I have to share a room with my younger sister, Mary.
7. Therefore, I was determined not to let him down any long.
8. First, it's an activity concerned with all parts of my body which is quite a good way for me to keep fit. Beside, it's an activity I can enjoy whatever the weather is like except when it rains heavily.
9.Water is very important to us, without which there would be no life. Therefore, some people don't turn the tap off at once after using it.
10. I lived in my hometown ten years before.