练习一21. Mary has a bad cold. She has to stay in bed.
A. a B./ C. the
22. ―Help to some fish, my boy.
A. you B. yours C. yourself
23. ― have you been learning English?
―I have been learning English for six years.
A. How long B. How often C. How far
24. ―Don't forget my parents when you are in Beijing.
—OK! I won't.
A. to see B. sees C. seeing
25. Father’s Day is on Sunday of June.
A. three B. third C. the third
26. Tom knew nothing about it his sister told him.
A. since B. if C. until
27. ―What are you looking for?
―I'm looking for the pen I bought yesterday.
A. who B. which C. whose
28. -When were you born?
-I was born the morning of May 7th, 1995.
A. in B. on C. at
29. In Changsha, it's hot in July, but it’s even in August.
A. hot B. hotter C. hottest
30. -Do you often plant trees in spring?
-Yes. Many trees in our school every year.
A. plant B. are planting C. are planted
21. My sister can play______violin very well.
A. the B. a C./
22. -which of the cap will you take?
-I will take _____, one is for my father, and the other is for myself.
A.neither B.both C.all
23. -who helped you clean the classroom yesterday?
A.somebody B.nobody C.every body
24.do you know the girl______is singing in the classroom?
A. who B. which C.whom
Sometimes some time sometime some times
25 -Must I finish my homework at school?
-______.You can do it at home and hand it in next week.
A.Yes,you must B.No,you needn't C.Yes,I can
26.-what are you going to do this afternoon?
-we are going to have a football match if it______.
A.rains B.doesn’t rain C.will rain
27. Another new railway station_______in Changsha in 2022.
A.build B.will build C.will be built
28.-it’s very hot outside.
-why______stay at home?
A. not stay B.don’t to stay C.not to stay
29.-Where is Zhangming?
-Don’t you know he______to Beijing to see his parents, and he will come back tomorrow.
A.has gone B.has been C.had gone
30. _____wide the streets are!
A.How B.What C. What a
21. I usually go to school on _______ foot.
A. a B. the C. /
22. —How often do you see your grandparents?
A. Five days B. Once a month C. In a week
23. When I came back yesterday evening, my brother _______ his homework.
A. is doing B. has done C. was doing
24. —When were you born?
— I was born_______ a cold winter morning in 1996.
A. on B. in C. at
25. _______ nice hat it is!
A. How B. What C. What a
26. —Have you ever been to Shanghai?
—Yes. I _______ there a few months ago.
A. have been B. went C. have gone
27. —What about _______ a rest?
—OK. Let’s go out and have a walk.
A. to take B. takes C. taking
28. —What are you looking for?
—I’m looking for the book_______ you lent me yesterday.
A. that B. who C. whose
29. —How is your father feeling today?
—Much _______. He can’t go to work today.
A. bad B. worse C. better
30. —May I use your cup, Tom?
—Sorry, it _______ by my sister just now.
A. was broken B. is broken C. broke
21. What _______ interesting book it is!
A. a B. an C. the
22. —Jane, it’s time to go to school. Get up and have breakfast.
—But I am not feeling _____. I don’t feel like eating anything.
A. bad B. good C. well
23. It rained heavily yesterday, but ________ of the students was late for school.
A. both B. all C. none
24. My mother asked me ______ in bed.
A. not read B. not to read C. not reading
25. This kind of desk _____ of wood.
A. is making B. made C. is made
26. Mr. Green always ______ weekends playing with his children.
A. spends B. takes C. costs
27. —_____ is it from your home to the cinema?
—It’s about twenty minutes’ walk.
A. How long B. How often C. How far
28. —How many people are there in Changsha?
—About six ___________.
A. million B. millions C. millions of
29. They have been in this city ______ three years ago.
A. for B. about C. since
30. He asked his classmate where ____________.
A. does his teacher see the film
B. his teacher saw the film
C. did his teacher see the film
21．Mary was born in 1998 and she began to play _______ guitar at the age of seven.
A．a B．不填 C．the
22．He has written many books, but _______ of them are good.
A．few B．many C．any
23．The man makes a living _______ teaching.
A．without B．with C．by
24．—Does she like singing English songs?
—Yes. She _______ to sing English songs in her room.
A．often does B．is often heard C．often hears
25．—________I have lunch now, Mom?
—No. You must wash your hands first.
A．Would B．May C．Ought to
26．______ clever the boy is!
A．How B．What C．What a
27．When Jim’s mother came in, he _______ his homework.
A．is doing B．has done C．was doing
28．—It’s too late. I have to go now.
—Oh, it’s raining outside. Don’t leave _______it stops.
A．since B．until C．while
29．—Which season do you like _______, summer or winter?
A．well B．best C．better
30．—What are you looking for?
—I’m looking for the watch _______ I bought yesterday.
A．which B．who C．whose
21. Do some exercise every day. I hope you will be ______ good health.
A. in B. on C. to
22. I think Chinese is ______ than any other subject.
A. easy B. easier C. easiest
23. —______ do you think of the film?
— Very interesting.
A. What B. Who C. How
24. _______ is polite to take a gift when you visit somebody for the first time.
A. He B. That C. It
25. Zhang Ming is good at math. He often helps ______ with it.
A. I B. me C. my
26. I bought a new shirt for John, ______ he didn’t like it.
A. because B. and C. but
27. — Must we finish our homework now?
— No, you ______.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. can’t
28. — Do you know ______ inventor?
— Yes. He’s ______ friend of mine.
A. an；the B. a；a C. the；a
29. Mary ______ to school 10 minutes ago.
A. went B. has gone C. goes
30. Could you tell me ______?
A. where she lives B. where does she live C. where is she living
31. He and his wife _______ like singing.
A. both B. all C. either
32. —Your city looks beautiful.
—Yes. Many bridges _______ last year.
A. are built B. built C. were built
33. —How much is the new car?
—About eighty _______ yuan.
A. thousand B. thousands of C. thousands
34. —Do you know the girl _______ is dancing over there?
—Yes. She is Tom’s sister.
A. who B. whom C. which
35. Woo! _______ beautiful Changde is!
A. How B. What C. What a
21. My sister is old enough to dress______now.
A. himself B. herself C. myself
22. Mother’s Day is_____the second Sunday in May in the United States.
A. on B. in C.at
23. _______of us wants to go to the park today, because we have to finish so much homework.
A. Either B. Both C. Neither
24. —Is the schoolbag under the desk yours?
—No, it’s my______. He left it there just now.
A. brother B. brother’s C. brothers’
25. ______nervous the girl was! She could not fall asleep all night.
A. What B. What a C. How
26. —Oh, it was fantastic! Lily danced so well.
—Well, I think Kate danced ______than lily.
A. well B. better C. best
27. The shop_____sells flowers is at the end of the street.
A. who B. where C. which
28. It’s going to rain. You’d better take an umbrella_____you may get wet.
A. or B. and C. but
29. Little Tom _______computer games when his mother got home.
A. is playing B. plays C. was playing
30. —Who’s singing in the garden?
—It ______be Mr. Brown. He always practices singing at this time.
A. must B. can’t C. need
31. —It is getting cold. Would you mind_____ the window?
—Of course not.
A. closing B. to close C. closed
32. I won’t go to tomorrow’s party_______ I am invited.
A. if B. unless C. When
33. —I am afraid that I can’t finish the task successfully.
—Don’t worry. You______ plenty of time to do it.
A. will be given B. give C. will give
34. —Your brother is an excellent basketball player.
—So he is. He_______ to play basketball three years ago.
A. has started B. starts C. started
35. —Excuse me, could you please tell me_______?
—Sure. It’s about ten minutes’ walk.
A. how long it takes to go to the zoo
B. how far it is from here to the zoo
C. how far is it from here to the zoo
练习八21.---__________ I use your dictionary?
--- Of course. But please return it to me before you leave.
A. Must B. Need C. May
22. There is ________ wrong with my back and it hurts seriously.
A. anything B. something C. Nothing
23. It’s necessary for us _________ to our parents when we have problems.
A. to talk B. talking C. Talk
24. – Will you see the film Cinderella with us tonight?
-- No, I _________it last week.
A. see B. have seen C. Saw
25. –Rose, could you please water the flowers in the garden?
--Why _________? You see, my brother is listening to music.
A. me B. I C. Mine
26. –Jane Zhang is going to hold a concert here in July.
-- Really? ________ exciting news!
A. How B. What an C. What
27.-- I called you last night , but you didn’t answer.
-- Sorry, Grace. I________I am A Singer when the phone rang.
A. am watching B. was watching C. have watched
28. _______he had failed many times, he didn’t give up and succeeded in the end.
A. Unless B. Although C. If
29. There will be ___________ cars in the city because people will prefer the subway.
A. fewer B. less C. More
30. –Could you tell me ________the Dragon Boat Festival in China?
--Sure. People usually watch the dragon boat races and eat zongzi.
A. when do people celebrate
B. why people celebrate
C. how people celebrate
21．-The weather report says it's going to have a shower this afternoon．
-It does？ We'd better____now， just in case．（ ）
A．to leave B．leaving C．leave
22．-Is the man over there Adam？
-It____be him．He has gone to Hong Kong on vacation．（ ）
A．must B．can't C．mustn't
23. -Do the twins look the same？
-No．Jane is____taller than Claire．（ ）
A．little B．more C．a little
24. - How many apples can I have？
-You can have two．___are for Jim．（ ）
A．The others B．Others C．The other
25. You mustn't drive a car on the road____you get a driver's license．（ ）
A．unless B．if C．since
26．-Mom， I bought us two tickets to the 2018World Cup in Russia．
-Really？_____pleasant surprise!（ ）
A．How B．What C．What a
27．British physicist Stephen Hawking， who____as the "smartest man alive"， passed away in England on March 14， 2018．（ ）
A．praised B．was praised C．will be praised
28. As long as the whole of our society_____trying， we will make our skies blue again．（ ）
A．keeps B．will keep C．kept
29. Kids， I hope you'll remember the good old days____we spent together in junior high though it's time to say goodbye．（ ）
A．who B．what C．which
30. -Does anybody want to share____on Father's Day？
-Guess what？ I'll write a poem for my dad．（ ）
A．when will you shop B．what you will do C．where you will go